Friday, January 21, 2011

Pre-Website Jitters

Hello. My name is Brad Eustathios. I'm making a website, while putting off my demo reel, and boy is it degrading.

I just cannot seem to get a good, professional idea made. It seems that every design I had in my head, I just can't put into play. I had a smoke-based concept that was trashed because it didn't make sense (I guess?), then I went to a stupid paint-splatter idea that I hardly even tried. All I could think was "what are these ideas advertising?" and since I'm not a smoke salesman, nor am I a graffiti artist, neither of those terrible ideas work.

I have a new idea that I'm working on, but I can't seem to get past the idea that I'm just not good at these concepts. I feel like I'm just using a brush and that's as far as I get. Dad-gum it!

I know that I'll solve it. I am trying to, right now, as I type, justify my current design. I think the root of all my problems lies in my problem with my color scheme. Right now it's black, but I always hated a dark, black-everywhere website. It doesn't give a great impression.

I think I'll move to a cotton-candy light perrywinkle. Tomorrow. I put most of my energy into creating a very advanced concept behind the conclusion of Adjusting Focus (my current project) and I'm proud of it. It's just managed to destroy my creative abilities.

Yeah, I'll go with that excuse. Sounds good.

No comments:

Post a Comment