Maybe it's just the college, but it seems like a majority of people never really escape the high school mentality. This doesn't come any clearer than through the business department, who make every class just like the ones in high school -- obnoxious and crude. I hate the jokes and topical natures of this group of people, as they just seem like bodies within suits without souls.
However, most of what I've seen recently comes from the frat circles. Honestly? It's disgusting; I thought for sure the stereotypical male attitude of always wanting sex from multiple partners was just a plot device in 80s movies to make you dislike the antagonist more. Turns out it was all based on true, real people!
Most of my disdain comes from those who make a mockery of monogamy, as they fail to realize the struggles they create within the very person of those they hurt. I don't have much to say, really, as I don't see the merit in delving deeper into specifics, but, please, if you break up with your significant other and then try to get back with them, don't attempt to have a plan B or C -- it never ends well, and, if you were half the capable partner that you might think you are, you'd put all that energy towards your plan A.
Regardless, it seems like shit never changes. Ideals are crushed at the hands of the public, and those that had dreams, dream no longer.
No comments:
Post a Comment